England and UK Delivery Information
England and UK – Australian Gift Delivery Information:
Yes! We specialise in sending all-Australian Made Gift hampers and Australian Gifts from Australia to England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
Click here to shop all Australian gifts to the UK or read below for detailed information on our express International Delivery service.
Your Most frequently Asked Questions Answered
- How long does it take for my gift to get to the UK?
- How much does it cost to send Australian Gifts to the UK?
- Are there ever any delays sending gifts to the UK?
- What if my friend / colleague / family is not home when their gift arrives?
- How much does it cost to get a gift to the UK and what’s included?
- Is there anything I can do to help make it a smooth delivery process through customs?
- Can I send wine or other alcohol to the UK?
- Help me send an Australian gift to the UK myself
- Testimonials for gifts sent to the UK
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE for my Aussie gift TO GET TO THE UK?
We use DHL express for all deliveries of our Australian gifts and Australian gift hampers to the UK.
84% of gifts to the UK are delivered in 2-4 working days from date of dispatch.
If the recipient isn’t home at time of delivery, or your gift is delayed in customs (approx. 5% of packages), it may take longer.
In general, deliveries to major cities like London or Manchester are faster than to counties or regions outside metro areas.
We cannot be held accountable or liable for any delays due to circumstances beyond our control; such as transport conditions in a local areas, extreme weather events, local holidays, parades, festivals or events; or customs delays; as examples.
If you place your order online before 10am AEST, we can dispatch the same day. Order any time after that and we will dispatch on the next business day.
We will send you tracking details which update in real time; and also let you know when your gift has arrived and been signed for.
How much does it cost to send Australian Gifts to the UK?
We are proud to have negotiated the best international express shipping rates in Australia so we can give you value-for-money international shipping. We offer 3 rates for delivery from Australia to the UK depending on the weight of the gift.
Rate 1: $34.95 – total item weight under 400g
Rate 2: $66.95 – total item weight under 1kg
Rate 3: $80.00 – capped rate for maximum of 1 hamper to 1 address
Rates include international express shipping, customs paperwork completion, door-to-door delivery, signature on delivery, tracking; and is all-inclusive of customs and duties payable in the UK. No need to worry!
Once paperwork is processed you will receive your real-time tracking link.
ARE THERE EVER ANY DELAYS sending gifts to the UK?
If there are any delays due to customs (or other) issues outside of our control, we will contact you and liaise with our DHL customer service representative to resolve the issue. We cannot be held responsible for delays outside our control – in general 2-5% of all parcels get a detail check by Customs and can take longer to be delivered.
Other reasons gift delivery may be delayed include:-
- Recipient away / on holiday when gift arrives
- No-one home to sign for gift and no authority to leave in safe place has been given by the sender
- Incorrect address
- Incorrect contact phone number or customs unable to get hold of person on phone number provided when needed
- Local transport issues caused by local festivals and events such as Olympic or Commonwealth Games
- Local weather events / natural disasters
Is there anything I can do to help for a smooth delivery process?
To help us get your gift cleared through customs as smoothly as possible it is imperative you provide us with:
- The name of the individual responsible for receiving the gift
- The UK phone number of the individual receiving the gift (mobile is better but standard phone line is okay)
- A correct address including UK postcode
- Couriers generally deliver during business hours so a work address or an address where someone is there to receive and sign for the gift works best.
- If you believe no-one will be home at time of delivery and think it is safe for the gift to be left at the delivery address without a signature, we can do this. Please be aware you bear the risk of loss or theft of the gift, if you leave a gift unattended at the delivery address. If you wish to go ahead and do this, please include specific delivery instructions on your booking in our checkout process.
WHAT IF MY FRIEND / COLLEAGUE / FAMILY IS NOT HOME WHEN THEIR GIFT ARRIVES?
If the person you are sending your Australian gift to is not at home when the courier arrives , there will be a note left for them to rearrange a time that suits them for redelivery free of charge.
Where you have supplied a mobile number, they will be offered re-delivery at a time of their choosing; or an option to approve the gift to be redelivered for free and left in a special place that they specify.
We will track your Australian gift from door-to-door until it is delivered and signed for and update you if any further information is required.
We cannot be held responsible for any Customs issues that are beyond our control – 2-5% of all parcels (in general) get checked by Customs and take longer to be delivered. Click here for more information on our general international delivery policy.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST to send my Australian gift to the UK and what’s included?
The fee we charge is fully inclusive of taxes and duties payable in the UK plus an admin fee charged by the courier for clearance processing.
This means you get door to door tracking of your gift without any ‘black holes of information’ should there be issues clearing customs (approx. 2-5% of packages).
We have negotiated rates with DHL Express so we are able to pass on a value-for-money option you won’t find anywhere else!
Rates are by weight as follows:
Under 400g: $34.95
401g – 1kg: $66.95
Over 1kg: $80
Included in our Freight Price:
Customs form completion – this is mandatory for all parcels going internationally. We are experienced at correctly completing customs forms to ensure your parcel gets through as smoothly as possible.
Door-to-door tracking of your gift – We work with DHL express who provide you with regular updates of where your gift is in the world. There is up to 22 scans of your gift between Australia and the UK and we share the link to this information with you.
Admin fee of international courier and assistance clearing customs – On average, 2-5% of all parcels get checked by Customs and take longer to be delivered. We cannot be held responsible for this. When this happens, we are in contact with customs via DHL Express to understand if local government officials have the information required to clear your gift as swiftly as possible. Although we cannot be held responsible for customs clearance (or failure thereof) the benefit of using our service is that we have a pathway of communication with the right people.
UK taxes and duties payable – When you send food and gifts to England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales by courier, there is always an administration charge plus UK taxes and duties payable to HRM Revenue and Customs. We cover these charges as part of our freight cost so you never have to worry about the person you are sending the gift to being stung with additional costs.
Can I send Wine to the UK?
Yes! You can send wine hampers or beer hampers; however there is a limit to 1 x bottle of wine with our current freight rates. We will charge extra for additional bottles to cover the cost of additional taxes that will be due on the alcohol volume. If you would like to do this please call 1300 542 716.
In fact, you can send any gift hamper in our range to the UK.
That includes any hamper for him / her; gourmet food hamper; wine hamper; celebration gift or Christmas hamper.
If you just want to send a bottle of wine to the UK on its own, unfortunately we cannot do this because strict liquor licence rules apply. If you want to only send wine as a gift, we recommend you speak to a wine exporter directly.
If you are sending bulk orders of 10 x hampers or more, we offer a bespoke service including any alcohol of your choice.
I WANT HELP SENDING AN AUSTRALIAN GIFT TO england, scotland or wales MYSELF
We are not a general courier or delivery service for sending any Australian gift overseas; however because we specialise in sending gifts to the UK, we’ve learnt a few things along the way and are happy to share what we know. Below are some helpful articles on further information to share our learnings. If you still have questions, we suggest you contact your local freight company, or Australia Post :-
- Australia Post International Post guide (United Kingdom)
- 4 biggest mistakes Australians make sending gifts to the UK and how to avoid them
- How to avoid paying UK taxes and duties on gifts sent to England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales
- How to send Australian chocolates overseas
- How to send Australian wine to the UK as a gift
- Postage from Australia to the UK – how much it costs
- 3 mistakes to avoid when you send a gift to the UK
TESTIMONIALS for GIFTS SENT TO ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND
“Thank you very much!!! You guys are are awesome. I will be recommending you.” Lisa, hamper sent to Hampshire, England
“All tracking emails received and appreciated. Great service!” Cat, Hamper sent to West Yorkshire, UK
“Thank you for going out of your way to be so helpful! I will recommend your website to everyone I know! :)” Courtney, hamper sent to London, UK
“Thank you … we had an e mail from our friends saying how delighted they were to receive the gift.”
Glenda, hampers sent to Surrey, UK
“Thanks for the prompt follow up greatly appreciated … Super fast delivery very happy 🙂“, Jill, gift sent to Scotland.