Singapore Delivery Information
Singapore – Australian Gift Delivery Information:
Yes! We specialise in sending all-Australian Made Gift hampers and Australian Gifts from Australia to Singapore.
Click here to shop Australian gifts or read below for detailed information on our express International Delivery service.
Your Most frequently Asked Questions Answered
- How long does it take for my gift to get to Singapore?
- Are there ever any delays sending gifts to Singapore?
- What if my friend / colleague / family is not home when their gift arrives?
- How much does it cost to get a gift to Singapore and what’s included?
- Is there anything I can do to help make it a smooth delivery process through customs?
- Can I send wine or other alcohol to Singapore?
- Help me send an Australian gift to Singapore myself
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE for my Aussie gift TO GET TO SingaporeTHE UK?
We use DHL express for all deliveries of our gift boxes and Australian gift hampers to Singapore.
84% of gifts to Singapore are delivered in 1-4 days from date of dispatch.
If the recipient isn’t home at time of delivery, or your gift is delayed in customs (approx. 5% of packages), it may take longer.
In general, deliveries to metro areas will be faster than more regional areas.
If you place your order online before 10am AEST, we can dispatch the same day. Order any time after that and we will dispatch on the next business day.
We will send you tracking details which update in real time; and also let you know when your gift has arrived and been signed for.
ARE THERE EVER ANY DELAYS sending gifts to Singapore?
If there are any delays due to customs (or other) issues outside of our control, we will contact you and liaise with our DHL customer service representative to resolve the issue. We cannot be held responsible for this type of delay – in general 5% of all parcels get a detail check by Customs and can take longer to be delivered.
Other reasons gift delivery may be delayed include:-
- Recipient away / on holiday when gift arrives
- No-one home to sign for gift and no authority to leave in safe place has been given by the sender
- Incorrect address
- Incorrect contact phone number or customs unable to get hold of person on phone number provided when needed
Is there anything I can do to help for a smooth delivery process?
To help us get your gift cleared through customs as smoothly as possible it is imperative you provide us with:
- The name of the individual responsible for receiving the gift
- The Singaporean phone number of the individual receiving the gift (mobile is better but standard phone line is okay)
- A correct Singaporean work address not a PO Box.
- Couriers generally deliver during business hours so a work address or an address where someone is there to receive and sign for the gift works best.
- If you believe no-one will be home at time of delivery and think it is safe for the gift to be left at the delivery address without a signature, we can do this. Please be aware you bear the risk of loss or theft of the gift, if you leave a gift unattended at the delivery address. If you wish to go ahead and do this, please include specific delivery instructions on your booking in our checkout process.
WHAT IF MY FRIEND / COLLEAGUE / FAMILY IS NOT HOME WHEN THEIR GIFT ARRIVES?
If the person you are sending your Australian gift to is not at home when the courier arrives , there will be a note left for them to rearrange a time that suits them for redelivery free of charge.
Where you have supplied a mobile number, they will be offered re-delivery at a time of their choosing; or an option to approve the gift to be redelivered for free and left in a special place that they specify.
We will track your Australian gift from door-to-door until it is delivered and signed for and update you if any further information is required.
We cannot be held responsible for any Customs issues that are beyond our control – 5% of all parcels (in general) get checked by Customs and take longer to be delivered. Click here for more information on our general international delivery policy.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST to send my Australian gift to Singapore and what’s included?
The fee we charge is fully inclusive of taxes and duties payable in Singapore plus an admin fee charged by the courier for clearance processing.
This means you get door to door tracking of your gift without any ‘black holes of information’ should there be issues clearing customs (approx. 5% of packages).
We have negotiated rates with DHL Express so we are able to pass on a value-for-money option you won’t find anywhere else!
Included in our Freight Price:
Customs form completion – this is mandatory for all parcels going to Singapore. We are experienced at correctly completing customs forms to ensure your parcel gets through as smoothly as possible.
Door-to-door tracking of your gift – We work with DHL express who provide you with regular updates of where your gift is in the world.
Admin fee of international courier and assistance clearing customs – On average, 5% of all parcels get checked by Customs and take longer to be delivered. We cannot be held responsible for this. When this happens, we are in contact with customs via DHL Express to understand if local govt officials have the information required to clear your gift as swiftly as possible. Although we cannot be held responsible for customs clearance (or failure thereof) the benefit of using our service is that we have a pathway of communication with the right people.
Singapore taxes and duties payable – When you send food and gifts to Singapore by courier, there is always an administration charge plus Singapore taxes and duties payable to Singaporean Revenue and Customs. We cover these charges as part of our freight cost so you never have to worry about the person you are sending the gift to being stung with additional costs.
Can I send Wine to Singapore?
No. Unfortunately due to strict customs regulations we cannot send alcohol into Singapore.
I WANT HELP SENDING AN AUSTRALIAN GIFT TO SINGAPORE MYSELF
Because we specialise in sending gifts to Singapore, we’ve learnt a few things along the way. Below are some helpful articles on further information to share our learnings:-
- Australia Post International Post guide (Singapore)
- 4 biggest mistakes Australians make sending gifts overseas and how to avoid them
- How to send Australian chocolates overseas