This Little Aussie Animals Tote Bag is designed in Australia and form part of the ‘Little Aussie Friends’ collection by Elise Martinson.
Aw. So adorable!
The full set of products includes coasters, tea-bag holders, mugs and scatter trays; and come in 6 different designs featuring a different Aussie Animal including:
- Baby koala with native Gum Nuts, Hovea and a Eriostemon
- Baby wombat featuring the Flannel Flower (Actinotus Helianthi) and the Waratah (Telopea Speciosissima)
- Baby echidna with the Red Spider Flower (Grevillea Punicea) and Zieria Laevigata
- Baby kangaroo featuring Kangaroo Paw plant (Anigosanthos Manglesii), Banksia Prionotes, and Paper Daisies (Helichrysum Bracteatum)
- Baby kookaburra featuring Golden Wattle (Acacia Pycnantha), Bottlebrush (Callistemon Rigidus) and gum blossom
- Baby Platypus with Scarlet Feather Flower (Verti Cordia Grandis) and Native Rush Grass
- Which one’s you’re favourite?
About the artist Elise Martinson
Elise Martinson is a Sydney based illustrator and designer who works first with pencils and watercolours, and then digitally on a computer. She has created the Little Aussie Animals Coasters collection for Ashdene.
Her art is inspired by a fascination with nature’s beauty and diverse creatures, with her whimsical animals appearing on coins, stamps, books and postcards. For Elise, painting a pair of life-size elephant statues at Melbourne Zoo was her most memorable project.
Ashdene is an Australian owned company that has been designing high quality Tableware, Giftware and Accessories for over 25 years.
Due to the closure of Australia’s bone china manufacturing plants and declining manufacturing industry, this product has been made overseas.