AUSTRALIAN GIFTS SENT OVERSEAS FROM AUSTRALIA TO CANADA
We specialise in sending Australian Gifts and Gift hampers to Canada, including to Vancouver, Whistler, Toronto, and other destinations in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, British Colombia, Nova Scotia and more.
We send unique 100% Aussie made gifts, Aussie Care packages, and gourmet food hampers – but unfortunately no wine, beer or other alcohol due to strict Canadian customs laws.
Average delivery to metro areas is 4 working days from date of dispatch – may take longer outside metro areas and depending on public holidays. This excludes 5% of parcels that get delayed through customs which are beyond our control. See below for more detailed information on delivery.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
MORE INFO on SENDING GIFTS TO CANADA
“I can’t believe how beautiful your gifts are and how promptly they made it to Vancouver.
My daughter was thrilled to receive them. Thank you so much. We will definitely be using your services again.
Anna & Greg, Melbourne.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET TO CANADA?
Average delivery time from Australia to Canada: 4 working days from date of dispatch to metro areas. May be longer for areas outside metro areas; if there are extreme weather events; or for 5% of parcels that are held in Canadian customs for more thorough inspection.
‘Date of dispatch’ means the day we actually send it. If you have ordered before 10am AEST Monday – Friday, we are able to do same day dispatch, with the exception of public holidays.
We do not dispatch on weekends.
All our international parcels get sent via DHL Express. Our data shows:
- 61% of our Australian Gifts we’ve sent to Canada were delivered in 4 working days or less.
- 28% took 5 to six days, and these were either delivered to remote areas; or the recipient was not home (holiday); or the gift was caught in customs.
- The remaining 11% were deliverd in 12-14 days and either had address issues, wrong phone numbers, people on holiday at the time of delivery, or uncontrollable customs delays due to random customs checks.
be aware of potential customs clearance delays
Approximately 5% of parcels sent to Canada will get a more thorough check by Customs. This is a random check and causes an uncontrollable clearance delay. We cannot be held responsible for these delays by local government officials.
If this happens, we will work directly with you and liaise with DHL Express to ensure customs have everything they need to clear the parcel. Generally customs clearance takes an extra 1-5 working days.
Help us help you get your gift to CANADA faster!
Things that delay smooth delivery include:
Not having the right address – Please double check all parts of the address before entering into your order
- Not having a local phone number – This is a mandatory field for international parcels. Ideally you will provide a local mobile phone number so either customs or the local delivery driver can get in touch to confirm any further information required for delivery.
- Not home when the gift arrives – If the person you are sending the gift to is not at home when the courier arrives , there will be a note left for them to rearrange a time that suits them for the Australian gift or Australian gift hamper to be re-delivered.
- This is why we prefer delivering to business addresses
- If you are certain that the gift can be left at a safe place at the address your are sending to without a signature please put this in comments at the time of ordering and we will add these notes to the booking. This is at your own risk and we are not responsible for non-delivery due to theft at a local address.
- If the recipient is on holiday when the gift arrives, we need to know ! as gifts that remain uncollected for over 2 weeks will be automatically returned by DHL Express.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SEND?
Gift hampers sent on their own all cost $80 to send. If you add more items to your hamper, this may cost more due to additional weight.
Individual Australian gifts cost less or more, depending on the total weight and dimensions of the items in your check-out cart. To work out how much your items will cost in freight, please just select ‘Canada’ and click the ‘Recalculate Freight’ button that is in your cart.
Included in our Freight:
Customs form completion – this is mandatory for all parcels going internationally. We are experienced at correctly completing customs forms to ensure your parcel gets through as smoothly as possible
Door-to-door tracking of your gift – We work with DHL express who provide you with regular updates of where your gift is in the world. There is up to 22 scans of your gift between Australia and Canada and we share the link to this information with you
Assistance clearing customs – On average, 5% of all parcels get checked by Customs and take longer to be delivered. We cannot be held responsible for this. When this happens, we work with customs via DHL Express to ensure local govt officials have the information required to clear your gift as swiftly as possible
Taxes and duties payable in Canada – When you send food and gifts to Canada by courier, there is always an administration charge and usually taxes and duties are payable. We cover these charges as part of our freight cost so you never have to worry about the person you are sending the gift to being stung with additional costs
Shop Categories of Australian Gifts to Canada
- All gifts to Canada
- Australian Gift Hampers to Canada
- Australian Gift Ideas to Canada
- Australian Homeware Gifts to Canada
- Australian Care Packages to Vancouver
- Australian Care Packages to Whistler
- Australian Chocolates to Canada
- Australian Christmas Gifts to Canada
- Australian Christmas hampers to Canada
- Send Tim Tams to Canada
- Unique Australian Gifts to Canada