SENDING YOUR GIFT HAMPER or AUSTRALIAN GIFT FROM AUSTRALIA TO CANADA
If you want to send a stunning Australian gift that showcases or reminds the recipient of the best of Australia to Canada, you’ve come to the right place.
We are the most authentic and tasteful site out there specialising in making your experience of sending a authentic and unique gift from Australia to Vancouver, Whistler, Toronto, or any other destination in Canada as easy as possible.
WHAT WE SEND
We do not send alcohol to Canada.
This is because authorisation from the Provincial Liquor Board by the recipient is needed in order to clear alcohol through Canadian customs. Any gifts we would send with beer, wine, or spirits in them would need a huge amount of input by the receiver to clear the gift, so we do not allow this.
If you like the look of a gift hamper that has wine or beer in it already, please take the wine out in the check-out process – the price will automatically reduce.
“I can’t believe how beautiful your gifts are and how promptly they made it to Vancouver.
My daughter was thrilled to receive them. Thank you so much. We will definitely be using your services again.
Anna & Greg, Melbourne.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET TO CANADA?
Average time: 4 working days from date of dispatch or less
‘Date of dispatch’ means the day we actually send it. Generally if you have ordered before 10am AEST Monday – Friday, we are able to do same day dispatch.
We do not dispatch on weekends.
All our international parcels get sent via DHL Express. Our data shows:
- 61% of our Australian Gifts we’ve sent to Canada were delivered in 4 working days or less.
- 28% took 5 to six days, and these were either delivered to remote areas; or the recipient was not home (holiday); or the gift was caught in customs.
- The remaining 11% were deliverd in 12-14 days and either had address issues, wrong phone numbers, people on holiday at the time of delivery, or uncontrollable customs delays during peak periods.
be aware of potential customs clearance delays
Approximately 5% of parcels sent to Canada will get a more thorough check by Customs. This is a random check and causes an uncontrollable clearance delay. We cannot be held responsible for these delays by local government officials.
If this happens, we will work directly with customs to ensure they have everything they need to clear the parcel. Generally customs clearance takes an extra 1-5 working days.
Help us help you get your gift to CANADA faster!
Things that delay smooth delivery include:
Not having the right address – Please double check all parts of the address before entering into your order
- Not having a local phone number – This is a mandatory field for international parcels. Ideally you will provide a local mobile phone number so either customs or the local delivery driver can get in touch to confirm any further information required for delivery.
- Not home when the gift arrives – If the person you are sending the gift to is not at home when the courier arrives , there will be a note left for them to rearrange a time that suits them for the Australian gift or Australian gift hamper to be re-delivered.
- This is why we prefer delivering to business addresses
- If you are certain that the gift can be left at a safe place at the address your are sending to without a signature please put this in comments at the time of ordering and we will add these notes to the booking.
- If the recipient is on holiday when the gift arrives, we need to know this information as sometimes gifts uncollected for a long period may be returned to sender.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SEND?
Gift hampers sent on their own all cost $80 to send. If you add more items to your hamper, this may cost more due to additional weight.
Individual Australian gifts cost less or more, depending on the total weight and dimensions of the items in your check-out cart. To work out how much your items will cost in frieght, please just select ‘Canada’ and click the ‘Recalculate Freight’ button that is in your cart.
Included in our Freight:
Customs form completion – this is mandatory for all parcels going internationally. We are experienced at correctly completing customs forms to ensure your parcel gets through as smoothly as possible
Door-to-door tracking of your gift – We work with DHL express who provide you with regular updates of where your gift is in the world. There is up to 22 scans of your gift between Australia and Canada and we share the link to this information with you
Assistance clearing customs – On average, 5% of all parcels get checked by Customs and take longer to be delivered. We cannot be held responsible for this. When this happens, we work with customs via DHL Express to ensure local govt officials have the information required to clear your gift as swiftly as possible
Taxes and duties payable in Canada – When you send food and gifts to Canada by courier, there is always an administration charge and usually taxes and duties are payable. We cover these charges as part of our freight cost so you never have to worry about the person you are sending the gift to being stung with additional costs